When you use or interact with a website, mobile application or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) operated or owned by Sake Business Laboratory, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “our”), we and third parties obtain personal and other information about you.
The Digital Services, including the articles, reports, solutions, training and other products and services made available through the Digital Services (collectively, the “Materials”), are made available for informational and research purposes and are intended for users acting in a professional capacity.
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide or that we collect directly from you when you use the Digital Services, including when you create an account, complete a form or subscribe to a mailing list. This may include your contact or demographic information.
- Certain Digital Services or Materials may require a payment for access. We use payment information for the limited purposes of processing your transaction, providing you with the requested service or information and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- Information you provide us about others, such as the name and email of a contact with whom you want to share the Materials.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or similar tools. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This collection may take place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as event organizers, data suppliers, business partners and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the Digital Services, including to customize and improve the Digital Services or Materials and provide recommendations.
- To learn about users of the Digital Services and Materials and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For our advertising and marketing purposes.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
How We Share Information
- Within our affiliated companies and subsidiaries.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With respect to corporate subscriptions, memberships and/or other services, with the organization that purchased the services, subscription, and/or membership.
- With business partners.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or for certain Digital Services, by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- We operates the Digital Services globally Information may be processed and stored in Japan or other countries.
- The Digital Services are not intended for use under the age at which drinking or handling of alcohol is prohibited by the laws of the relevant country.